Friday, June 4, 2010

This is only the beginning...

of sore legs. Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. I can't access blogger from work so it's kind of difficult to remember when I get home. Anyway, Tuesday night cross training "on ice" went pretty well. I'm getting better at going backwards, but I haven't quite mastered stopping or turning back around while going backwards. The c-cuts for power skating are progressing nicely. I also did a good deal of networking to get information together for a beginners hockey team for next season. Wednesday was a 3 mile run that was supposed to be a faster pace that my normal speed. I ran the flat track by work, and finished in 23:12. I'm not unhappy with this pace at all, but I think I should slow my pace on the "easy days" so I don't hurt myself. Thursday was an "easy day" and I was supposed to run 2 miles. I couldn't get down to the work track early enough so I ran on the treadmill at work. I figured I'd try something new and do the "Fat Burner" setting. Big mistake. That thing varies the incline from 3.5 to 5.5 and never goes down to 0. That was a long, painful, 17 and a half minutes of running. If I do hills, I think I will do outside hills and no crazy treadmill settings anymore. However, I did succeed in slowing down my easy day pace, although not exactly as I had planned to. Today is my rest day, although I've been chasing around my 2 1/2 year old all day so I don't know how much resting I am doing. Tomorrow is my first long slow day doing 5 miles. I think I'll get up early and do it at the Parkville track before it gets too hot outside. Also, if I wait until the evening, it won't get done. My left knee that I sprained last Fall has been a little sore, but not too bad. It hasn't been the same since I sprained it. I think I'll just ice it on rest days and after long runs and I think I'll be ok. So I suppose I'll update after my long run tomorrow, now I'm off to post some ultrasound pics and do some homework. Mazel Tov.

Total Miles Since Training Began: 7
Total Time Since Training Began: 56:43

No comments:

Post a Comment